Ad Code

Taylor Swift Drops New Song ‘Call It What You Want’ — and Reveals Details of Her Relationship with Joe Alwyn


POSTED ON 

With just a week to go until Taylor Swift releases her highly anticipated album Reputation, the star gave her fans another peek at her new music Thursday night by dropping a new song titled “Call It What You Want.”
The latest single (read the full lyrics here) is the fourth song Swifties have heard from the singer’s upcoming sixth studio album, Reputationand reveals details about her romance with British actor Joe Alwyn.

In the first verse, Swift sings that her “castle crumbled overnight,” likely referencing her drama-filled 2015 that saw high-profile breakups with Calvin Harris and Tom Hiddleston and a reignited feud with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West.
“All the liars are calling me one / Nobody’s heard from me for months / I’m doing better than I ever was,” she continues. After performing at a Super Bowl party in February, the star largely went under the radar for the rest of 2016 and secretly dated Alwyn for months before news of the relationship went public.

“My baby’s fly like a jet stream/ High above the whole scene/ Loves me like I’m brand new so call me what you want, yeah,” the Grammy winner sings about her boyfriend.
“I want to wear his initial on a chain around my neck, not because he owns me/ but ‘cause he really knows me,” Swift also sings.



While promoting the song on her social media accounts early Friday morning, Swift shared videos from her life over the last year.




Snapshots included her singing an acoustic version of the song, relaxing at her Rhode Island home, riding a horse, enjoying a bonfire, painting a watercolor, sipping on wine, hanging out with her mom’s dog Kitty, recording new music and celebrating her birthday.

The Grammy winner, 27, teased the track Thursday morning on her Instagram account, posting select lyrics that immediately had fans speculating if it was a follow-up to her 2008 smash hit “Love Story.” 


In “Love Story,” Swift sings: “Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone / I’ll be waiting, all that’s left to do is run / You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess / It’s a love story, baby just say yes.” 






And in “Call It What You Want,” Swift appears to reference those lyrics: “You don’t need to save me … But would you run away with me? … Yes.”
The entertainer also seems to reference her song “Clean” off 1989, in which she sings “When the flowers that we’d grown together died of thirst.”

In “Call,” Swift sings “All the flowers grew back as thorns / Windows boarded up after the storm / He built a fire just to keep me warm.”
“Call It What You Want” marks the third love song Swift has released off Reputation. “…Ready for It” and “Gorgeous” are both reportedly about her relationship with boyfriend Joe Alwyn, whom she’s been quietly dating for a year.
November is going to be a busy month for the singer, whose performance of a new song from Reputation will air during ABC’s TGIT block on Nov. 9.
RELATED VIDEO: Taylor Swift’s ‘Gorgeous’ Lyrics Decoded: All About the Singer’s Romance With Boyfriend Joe Alwyn


She is also set to perform on Saturday Night Live on Nov. 11, and the performance will mark her first public appearance since her new album — out Nov. 10 — was announced.

Source: people.co

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu